Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fit in Five

If you are like me, you probably don’t get nearly enough exercise.  I don’t do the recommended 150 minutes a week.  I just don’t like exercising for exercise’s sake. But I know I need to.  Before getting out of bed this morning, I happened to pop onto Dr. Oz’s site and found the Fit In Five series by Joel Harper, personal trainer:  http://www.doctoroz.com/fit-in-five

So even though I wasn’t officially up, I stepped out of bed and I did it in my bare feet, like Joel did, so no special equipment is needed.

What I like about it is that by the time you are a bit tired, the segment is over.  I went through five 5-minute segments just to see what they were like, and sneaky sneaky, I had exercised for 25 minutes and worked up a bit of a glow.

It’s all about finding something sustainable to do:  something that you will do time and time again, that is enjoyable (or at least tolerable), and that's easy. 

I guess I am up now.  And the exercise for the day is behind me!  Okay, I know:  I have another 5 minutes to make it 30 for the day (boy, tough crowd). 

No comments:

Post a Comment