Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back to Farmers Markets

Simply eating.  I enjoy eating, and like so many people, am always on the lookout for ways to eat well and healthfully too.

I used to go to farmers markets, but haven't for quite some time, so this weekend I am going to check out a couple. It’s a great way to support my community, get some fresh air, and eat well.  I am even going to try a fruit or vegetable that I have not tried before.  I'll ask the farmer how to cook it, and be proud of myself for venturing out a little. 

Here is a site that will help you find a farmers market near you. http://www.localharvest.org/.

And if you want the produce to come to you, there are services that will deliver organic fruits and veggies right to your door.  To see if this is for you, check out http://robbwolf.com/2011/02/09/community-supported-agriculture-how-to-find-join-a-csa/

So grab your shopping bag and a friend, and head over to your local farmers market, catch lunch from one of the food booths there, and sit for a while.  It’ll do your body and your mind good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment