Friday, September 16, 2011

Miss Minimalist

Miss Minimalist

I am not a minimalist (yet), but the book and website Miss Minimalist are great finds.  The Kindle version of the book is $0.99 (!!) on Amazon.com.  The missminimalist.com website, which I discovered after ordering the book, has regular updates of really great suggestions for simply living by design.  Check them out. I just started reading the book tonight, and it solved a problem I had just today.

Tonight I was cooking with some bulk vegetable broth powder that I had purchased last week or so.  It was still in the plastic bag.  “What container to put it in? Hmm.”  I didn’t have a jar that was the right size and all of my Ikea storage containers were in good use.  So, after cooking my yummy soba noodles and sauteed veggies meal, I left the powder in the bag and put it back in the cabinet.  

But come tomorrow, now that Miss Minimalist has suggested what is now a “Duh!” solution, I will go out tomorrow and get some MASON JARS.  So obvious, so simple, and, yes, so stackable.  I love that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment